• Signs are reflective and reflect light from a flashlight or a car's headlights. This is our most common traffic sign and parking sign material, but has countless applications in a factory, too.
• Signs carry the 3M warranty for traffic signs - signs are guaranteed to last at least seven years outdoors - although in practice most signs last much longer. Signs are printed with 3M screen printing or 3M outdoor digital inks designed specifically for outdoor traffic and parking signs. Unlike competitive signs, these signs are proven to last outside and use 3M matching ink and film components throughout.
• Municipal-grade signs are used by countless agencies, governments and schools across the US. Sheeting meets the standard DOT specifications for construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects FP-85 for Sheeting Type II, Class 1 or 2 and the GSA LS-300C Class 1 or 2.
• The base material for these signs is a 80 mil thick non-rusting aluminum. Signs have rounded corners - for easy handling and a professional appearance. Competitive signs often use lower cost (and more hazardous) square corners. Signs have prepunched / precleared holes to insure a hassle-free installation.
• In a workplace setting, reflective aluminum signs are also used for emergency shut-offs, exits and evacuation marking.